Friday 16 October 2009

Oddshaped Blueberry Muffins

I realised that making muffins without a proper muffin tin, I have a cupcake one which is too small :oP So I placed the muffin cases into an oven dish that is used for cooking the likes of chicken or roasts in. This resulted in odd shaped muffins he he.

I haven't tried it just yet, as they are just out of the oven cooling...but I hope they are yummy enough so I can take some up to my fiancé's house tomorrow for his family :) Again, I will allow my dad to try one first of course....as he is my cooked food guinea pig tester he he....his tummy is more cast iron than mine.

I only wanted to use a simple recipe, so here is one I seen.

Blueberry Muffins

200g blueberries
200g plain flour
2 tsp. baking powder
125g caster sugar
175ml milk
2 medium eggs
150ml vegetable oil


Cluttered i know, I had to deal with little space....as there is only one counter that you can use in my kitchen....but I measure everything into separate containers of sorts to make the mixing process a lot faster for myself.


  1. Heat the oven to 180 oC/Gas Mark 4, lightly oil muffin cases.
  2. Wash the blueberries, and then cut them in half.
  3. Sift the flour, and the baking powder into the sugar.
  4. In a separate bowl whisk milk, egg and oil in together.
  5. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, then slowly but quickly whisk in the liquid mixture until there are no lumpy bits.
  6. Fold the berries in as you whisk the mixture.
  7. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases.
  8. Bake for 25mins or until risen and golden.
This is how my muffins turned out:-


I know they haven't turned out awesomely, but if they taste good......then at least I can feel good about it.

2 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

They look gooooood! Odd-shapes don't matter, the flavour is the important thing! I want one!

Hazels Crochet said...

hehe, they are yummy....I have had 3 so far....

Taste better today for some reason...

I can make something else today, but not sure what