Thursday 22 October 2009

Chocolate Chip Muffins

It has been busy for me, between going to uni and studying...then trying to keep a part of my social life....where does baking fit in??

Today I woke up to the sound of my alarm, my head absolutely killing me and had absolutely no energy...what was wrong with me, had I overdone myself....but I just couldn't push to get myself out of bed, so I sent text a class mate and asked her if she could let the lecturer know that I wasn't well enough to come in today. I felt a little guilty, but the day off has refreshed me quite a bit.....

I also managed to get the hang of making muffins!

Chocolate Chip Muffins


N.B. Chocolate Chips are supposed to be on top as well (Oops)


115g butter
70g caster sugar
2 eggs
215g plain flour
1 tsp. baking powder
125ml milk
170g chocolate chips

  1. Preheat the oven to 190oC/Gas Mark 5, lightly grease muffin cases.
  2. Cream the butter in a big bowl until soft, add sugar and beat until soft, add one egg at a time while beating in.
  3. Sift the flour and baking powder, then fold into the butter mixture, alternatively adding milk.
  4. Spoon the batter into the cases, then add chocolate chips, spoon more batter into the cases.
  5. Finish by sprinkling chocolate chips over the top.
  6. Bake in the oven for 25mins or until golden.
As you can see I forgot to put choc chips on the top...they are like chocolate chip sandwich muffins :D

No comments: