Saturday 17 October 2009

Cheering myself up with cheese scones

Since making muffins seem to not work for me, I tried my hand at making cheese scones....

I love cheese scones, and I always remember my mum used to make them all the time! Is it sad I have never had one since my mum last made them, which was like over 6 years ago.

I got a recipe a few years back, and kept a hold of it...

Cheese Scones



225g self-raising flour
pinch of salt
55g butter
25g cheese
150ml milk

  1. Heat oven to 220 oC/Gas mark 7, lightly grease baking sheet.
  2. Mix flour and salt together, then rub into butter.
  3. Stir in grated cheese, then milk to get soft dough.
  4. Turn the soft dough onto a flour covered work surface and knead.
  5. Cut into shapes until dough is used up
  6. Brush tops with milk, then bake for 10-12mins until well risen and golden.

No comments: