Thursday 1 September 2011

Crochet Heaven

I graduated in July, I have not found a job yet...so I tried my hands at crocheting as it has been intriguing to me. Turns out I enjoy it much more than knitting, knitting is good but it just doesn't have the quick flexible feeling that you get with crocheting.

Crocheting has kept me going in the past few months, I know its only been a little time unemployed but when you have little money its a very nice hobby to have when it costs so little and takes up your time...and is very relaxing. I enjoy it so much I have even tried selling pieces. I made this cowl for a friend as he made a request, and he loves it.

I am really handy at making hats especially beanie hats, I love making them out of chunky wool but sometimes with double knit wool so i can get different colours!

Granny squares are my newest love in crocheting! I remember loving the granny square blanket my mum made me as a kid, and now that I can crochet I am making a comfy chunky one myself! I am also making a granny square baby blanket too!

Although there is a blanket I have seen that I think looks amazing, and I think I may also try making something like it!  It is so colourful, its absolutely amazing...it may take me forever to make, but I can't resist. I found it on Attic24!

I know what I will be doing for christmas presents, as I wont be able to afford expensive gifts...crochet crafting ahoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am starting to learn to crochet tonight (have hooks, yarn and book) so hope to see how it goes. Your fast progress is quite heartening so am looking forward to see what you can do. I also love that blanket.

Hazels Crochet said...

Oooooh you must post your progress online! I am starting a blog that just focuses on crocheting http://hazelscrochet.blogspot.com/ so I hope you find it entertaining to read!!