Sunday 15 January 2012

Losing Memories

Losing my mum has no doubt been the hardest thing in my life, it has been over eight years since she passed away in hospital. Of all my memories, that is unluckily the one that is imprinted in my memory the most.
I resent the fact I lost her so young, because all my memories are fading and all I can ever seem to remember is little sketchy snippets. Her voice is gone, it is always like a silent movie whenever something does appear in my mind.
Whenever I am down and on my own, my mum is the first person I think of and most often I end up in tears because I long for her. I long for her never ending faith in me, her support and comfort and everything else my mum used to do and be for me...even through her own pain and illness, my mum could still be awesome.

There is a song I play, its called 'I Turn to You by Christina Aguilera'. Regardless of the singer, this song means a lot in regarding my mum as it gives me a very vivid memory from when I was younger.
The song was playing on my personal CD player that I often used to listen to while trying to sleep, but one night I recall being awake when everyone was sleeping. Sitting on my mum's chair while she slept on the couch, where she often used to sleep.
Listening to the lyrics of this song pulled my heart strings as I watched my mum sleeping so peacefully, and they made my eyes fill up with tears because she was the one I turned to, she was the one that protected me. She was always so brave in my eyes, for always being there for me.


I Turn To You Lyrics
When I'm lost in the rain, 
In your eyes I know I'll find the light, 
To light my way.
And when I'm scared, 
And losing ground, 
When my world is going crazy, 
You can turn it all around.
And when I'm down you're there - pushing me to the top. 
You're always there, giving me all you've got.
Chorus
For a shield from the storm, For a friend, for a love to keep me safe and warm
I turn to you.
For the strength to be strong, For the will to carry on
For everything you do, for everything that's true
I turn to you.
When I lose the will to win,
I just reach for you and I can reach the sky again.
I can do anything
'Cause your love is so amazing,
'Cause your love inspires me.
And when I need a friend, You're always on my side
Giving me faith
taking me through the night
(Chorus)
For the arms to be my shelter
through all the rain,
For truth that will never change,
For someone to lean on,
For a heart I can rely on through anything,
For that one who I can run to...
(Chorus x2)
I turn to you...

That is a snippet from the heart.


5 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

Oh button. *hugs*. I know just how you feel. Try not to resent it too much. At least we had her.

Love you lots and lots. xxx

Bacteria Girl said...

I think that losing anyone is a terrible thing, but there is a certain sort of pain for a daughter losing her mother. I don't know what else to say, I lost the woman who brought me up 8 years ago too. It gets easier I suppose, but there are still days like this.

Anonymous said...

Oh! We have just lost our dear Mother so know exactly how you feel. But I am so sorry you had to lose your lovely Mum when you were so young.xxx

Stel said...

Oh, Hazel, that I must find this post now!
I really grieved for the first time for my mom, who died in 1999, when I had my baby in 2004, and I became a mom.
I know, yet I don't know at all, as we all differ, but I do share your sadness.

cristina said...

His mother is proud of you, wherever she is she love you! a very nice memories .....
she is happy to know how you love him!
A big hug from Catalonia!